Cheryl and Peter Rolt spoke to Violet Class today about how they can be ‘Dementia Friends’. They spoke to the children about what dementia is, and how it can effect people. They also informed the children about how they can help people with dementia, using five key points:
– Dementia is not a natural part of aging.
– Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain.
– Dementia is not just about losing memory.
– You can live well with dementia.
– There’s more to the person than dementia.
For more information, you can visit the ‘Dementia Friend’ website below: