PE and Sport Funding
Primary School PE and Sport Funding.
The government is providing additional funding for the academic year 2017-2018 through to 2020 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
Although we already provide a full and varied PE curriculum for our children with many existing extra-curricular sports, we are excited to be able to put this additional money towards further enhancing opportunities for our children in PE and sporting activities.
Some of our proposed plans are as follows –
- We will also be looking to fund expert coaches to come in and teach various PE lessons alongside our class teachers (across all year groups) so that both children and teachers can develop their skills even further.
- Provide further opportunities for children to attend inter-school sporting competitions.
- Provide an even greater choice of extra-curricular sports clubs.
- Fund transport and venues for a range of sporting activities, such as the theatre for our dance show.
- Update our PE curriculum.
If you would like more detail about how the funding is being spent, please use the link below to view our action plan.